“We would free the world to understand that in a spirit of oneness in the heart, the light from the heart can prepare the way for the coming of the golden age. And if, then, we decide to open a physical focus of our light here in Darjeeling, it will also be the tying together of the hemisphere here with the hemisphere there. And it will come to pass that we will be the binding up the world and binding it up so that the golden age may manifest more quickly. This, however, is up to humanity. It is up to those who respond to the light to make their own determination.”
(El Morya, April 9, 1970, Unpublished dictation used by permission of Summit Publications, Inc.)
A Request from El Morya
During the first pilgrimage to India by Mark, Guru Ma (Elizabeth Clare Prophet) and devotees more than 45 years ago, beloved El Morya requested a physical focus in Darjeeling (please see the quote above). In September 2015 during the first-ever Summit University (SU) forum in Darjeeling, 65 students who attended the seminar heard this dictation. Their overwhelming response was unequivocal and unanimous. Everyone felt that the moment had arrived for the establishment of El Morya’s Ashram in Darjeeling to serve as a coordinate in time and space for the arcing of our love to the heart of the Master, as the creation of a physical focal point for the Flame.
The SU group also felt that the ashram in Darjeeling would strengthen the antahkarana of lightbearers in the world around, and with the magnet of our hearts’ devotion, could become an oasis for spiritual travelers of the caravan of goodwill. The ashram would serve as a destination for retreat and pilgrimage for the Keepers of the Flame worldwide; as an outpost for the sharing of the Teachings with local seekers and visitors alike and as a cradle for charitable daycare.
During the ensuing months, the group discussed the need of the hour in this context. As a result, four committees were created to carry out the vision: (1) Fund-Raising, (2) Spiritual work, (3) Publicity, Education and Outreach, and (4) Youth Activities. These and other committees provide the foundation for continuing the ongoing work of the Chananda Cultural Society in India.
An Ashram in Darjeeling—A Long-Awaited Dream Becoming Real!
India and America are the twin-flame nations for our planet and, as such, they have been given a unique responsibility for the ushering of the golden age to the earth. Masters have spoken in length about this relationship and what it means:
- It is most important that you cooperate in your calls to Chananda, to me, to Kuthumi and Djwal Kul, to Serapis Bey, the Great Divine Director and Saint Germain for the coordination of the divine plan for all of India and America as one. Let us then superimpose India on the map of the United States. Let us realize the fusion of these hearts, East and West, as the mighty fusion of twin flames. (El Morya, Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 23, No. 26, June 29, 1980)
- Blessed ones of God, it is to the saving of the earth that we call twin flames in service. It is to the saving of the earth that all have come. Focus, then, thy desiring and thy love to this end. Give thy life to the cutting free of India, America, first and foremost holding the balance of heart and head unto the planet. (Chananda, Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 28, No. 32, August 11, 1985)
- Each nation has a divine plan of its own to fulfill and, according to their divine destinies, the various nations of the world represent the various parts of the earth’s body. ”Therefore, in the new age, the land of India shall represent the ‘head’ of such an ‘earth body’ and the land of America the ‘heart.’ Take notice, please, that the name ‘India’ begins with the letter ‘I’ and ‘America’ with ‘Am’. Is this not significant? (Saint Germain, Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 2, No. 20, May 22, 1959)
- India and America are two of the greatest nations in the entire world. Although mankind are not aware of it where India is concerned, the ascended masters are. (Saint Germain, Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 20, No 33, August 14, 1977)
- I call to your attention, beloved, that India and the United States share a destiny. (Babaji, Pearls of Wisdom®, Vol. 47, No 5, February 1, 2004)
Journeying into the Past…
Following the first visit to India by Mark, Mother and chelas in 1970, Mother and chelas paid another visit to India in 1980 and inaugurated an ashram in New Delhi as had been requested by beloved Chananda, Chief of the Indian Council of the Great White Brotherhood. The ashram served its purpose until the mid-1980s. Following Mother’s retirement, two pilgrimages were made by chelas in 2009 and 2011. The purpose of these pilgrimages was to clear the cities of India for the reopening of a focus of light.
During October 2011, Chananda Cultural Society opened its doors in New Delhi. Less than two years later, the first-ever SU seminar was held in New Delhi in 2013 which was attended by many Indian chelas. By the grace of God, great progress has been made during the last four and half years in spreading the Teachings of the Ascended Masters and contacting seekers of Truth in India.